HCS Job Description – Programmes
The person responsible for the production of programmes carries out the role by following the steps below:
- source possible programme notes (from internet, Making Music programme note bank, Grove, music scores or CD booklets) and consult Musical Director to decide on the most appropriate ones to use (taking care not to infringe copyright and to acknowledge authorship as appropriate);
- obtain biographical notes on soloists and accompanist (from the Concert Manager) and on Musical Director, editing as necessary;
- include details of Sponsor and Patrons, and information about Friends of HCS;
- obtain details of arrangers, editors and publishers of the music scores and hire libraries used in each concert from the Librarian;
- include dates and brief details of forthcoming events;
- include list of choir members if space allows.
- send the programme to the printer (by email) as far in advance as possible, and no less than a full week before the concert;
- liaise with printer regarding any proofreading corrections and number of copies required;
- collect (or arrange collection of) the programmes from the printer;
- pass invoice to Treasurer for payment.
- distribute a programme to each choir member and soloist and to the Musical Director at afternoon rehearsal before concert;
- ensure that the programmes are available for distribution to the audience at each concert.