Harpenden Choral Society has an active and committed membership of about 90 people. We are happy to welcome new members (in all voice sections – SATB), but please note, the ability to read music is essential.
You can be sure to find challenge and inspiration as well as having great fun singing with a friendly group of people from a wide range of ages and backgrounds. Many of us have been part of Harpenden Choral Society for several years and a few have even been members since the choir’s foundation. Each year we welcome several new members in all sections.
As a member you will have the opportunity to:
- perform a wide range of works, with four concerts a year (to see our repertoire click here)
- perform with professional soloists and orchestral players
- develop your musical skills and vocal technique under the guidance of our regular conductor and visiting specialist coaches
- join in social events and make new friends
- take part in the roles and activities involved in running the society.